The Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM) is a Four years’ full-time semester system course designed to produce the professional human resource for the dynamically growing travel and tourism sector of Nepal. Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to handle international tourist service operations including, handling, managing and planning tour, trek and rafting programs; domestic and international air ticketing; appreciate tourism development planning; implement sustainable tourism management policies; and be able to purser further advanced course in travel and tourism management.
See Four -year Course Cycle BTTM
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Must have successfully completed the 10+2 with at least 2nd division in any stream or equivalent* from any University, Board or Institution recognized by Tribhuvan University (TU).
- Student English as a full paper at 10+2 or equivalent level.
* Equivalency for other University, Board & Institutions differs
Candidates will be required to appear for Tribhuvan University’s Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) and interview. CMAT consists of Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. However, candidates already appeared and secured CMAT score for BHM/BTTM programme need not apply again. The validity of CMAT score sheet is for a year only. Candidate should be present physically during the admission procedure.
Remember the following points before you appear for admission interview:
- come in proper grooming (trimmed hair, clean shaven, no slipper and shorts)
- bring the following documents (both original and copy)# Mark-sheet & character certificate of SLC
- Mark-sheet & character certificate of +2 or equivalent
- Citizenship certificate or Licence or Passport
- fill up the form before you appear for the interview (only if you haven’t)
- come in the proper time you are asked for (at least half an hour before the interview time)
- admission will be done on the first-come-first-serve basis from the students who have passed their interview
- admission should be done within the given date otherwise the seat will be given to another deserving candidate
For further information, drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TEACHING PEDAGOGY & TEACHING METHODS:
BTTM course offers comprehensive and invaluable exposure to all aspects of tourism.. Innovative techniques likes specified lectures, case preparations/study, group discussion, problem solving exercises, audio-visual interpretations, seminars, guest lecturer, practical work, book review, industrial attachment, field work/investigations and so forth are used for effective teaching and highlight effective management practices. Leading and experienced experts from different sectors of tourism are regularly invited to the college to interact with the students and supplement the theoritical aspects of studies.
STUDENT SUPPORT PROGRAM
NCTTM will organize orientation program for students just before the commencement of semester. The objectives of orientation program are:
- Interaction between staff members of NCTTM, students and their
- Briefing about NCTTM’S rules and regulation.
- Briefing students about course objectives and subject profile outline.
- Purchasing textbook, stationeries and college uniforms.
- Answering to queries of parents and students.
- Students counseling service
NCTTM has the policy of providing counseling service to its students all year round. Experienced counselors are available for counseling service.
The service includes:
- Academic counseling.
- Career counseling.
- Personal counseling.
Rules & Regulation for Students
Admission and fee:
- The students who have been selected for admission,will have to pay all fees within the dates prescribed by the college. If not,his/her admission will be treated as cancelled.
- Complete tution fees and other fees for the whole session will have to be paid by the students who are willing to cancel their admission at any time for any reason.
- Without submission of complete session fees no certificate of any kind will be issued .No refund will be paid to any amount paid by the student at the time of admission and later.
- Students failing to pay the semester fee at mentioned date will be accompanied with fine of Rs.20 per day.
- All instructions issued by the program Coordinator shall have to obey by students .The students will be accountable for their behavior in the college premises. Proper Actions will be taken against the students violating the rules and regulations of the college or behaving in absurd manner and will be rusticated from the college. It is assumed that the students and their parents and /or guardians have read and understood these rules and college prospectus thoroughly.
- Students should show respect and politeness towards all staff members at college and their fellow students, including girls. Any act of sexual harassment, ragging, disobedience, anti-social behavior or harassment of girl students are punishable offences and will be dealt with utmost severity.
- The learning infrastructure such as college books, room furniture, fans, sports equipment’s and facilities in general provided by college to the students should be used by students in proper manners. Otherwise, the cost of damage done will have to be borne by concerned students.
- All notices except any special notices will be displayed on notice Board. The students should read notice board on regular basis.
- It is mandatory for every student to receive prior permission of program coordinator for publishing and matter related to college. Any breach of this rule may lead to outright expulsion of the student from the college.
- The students should attend class-room teaching and not roam in corridors or waste time during working hours or free classes. But, they should go to the library and reading room facilities.
- The students should carry identity Card during entire duration of college.
- Any unhealthy habits such as Smoking , gutka/paan chewing are strictly prohibited. Similarly, ragging is strictly prohibited .Otherwise, the offenders are liable to face legal action.
- The change of address and contact details should be notified to the college office .
- The campus should be kept clean and hygienic. It is the responsibility of students to maintain cleanliness on the campus. Any student found littering the college premises or spitting on the wall or causing any dirtiness will be severely penalized.
- It is binding on all students to follow the college decisions in all matters relating to admission, administration and enforcement of discipline and general rules and special instructions mentioned in this prospectus.
- Students should clearly mention their health problems if they have, prior to the admission. If stated in between should be ready to follow the action taken by the college.
- Any amend or change in rules and system of college, should be followed by students.
- Students should always be happy to participate in college activities what so ever told or mentioned.
- Leave to the students are not provided until and unless approved by the program coordinator in prior.
- Students should immediately inform to the program coordinator in case of change in contact numbers provided to college.(Student’s parent’s or guardian’s).
Attendance of Students:
- It is mandatory for the students to attend at least 80% of the lecturers(including theoretical and practical) delivered in each subject, satisfy the college authorities regarding their general progress and measure up to the minimum standard to physical efficiency prescribed in order to qualify for the board/University examinations.
- A chart of monthly attendance record will be displayed regularly for the information of students so as to make them aware of incompleteness of attendance.
- Stringent disciplinary actions will be taken against students not appearing in Examinations conducted by college .They will be fined.
- Students not appeared in examination or failed with low grade are not allowed to sit in board examination.
- Students should fill the examination form and pay the examination fee to the university on the mentioned date and time.
- Students failing to prove their 80% attendance are strictly not allowed to sit in Examination by the University.